Skip to Content

### Regent Law Attains Record-Breaking U.S. News Ranking

April 9, 2024

VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (Apr. 9, 2024) – Regent University School of Law achieved its highest-ever ranking in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2024-2025 Best Law Schools Ranking. In the latest list released today, Regent secured the 108th spot nationwide, marking a significant climb of 17 positions from the previous year. Over the past three years, Regent Law has ascended 39 places, ranking as the third most improved law school in the country.

Dean of Regent University School of Law, Brad Lingo, expressed, “Regent Law is experiencing remarkable momentum, surpassing expectations in both speed and extent of growth. Our institution and students are flourishing like never before. While our focus remains on our mission rather than rankings, it is gratifying to receive recognition from U.S. News. What’s even more rewarding is knowing that our success is grounded in our distinctively Christian approach to legal education.”

The 2024-25 Best Law Schools Rankings evaluated 196 law schools accredited and fully approved by the American Bar Association. The rankings were primarily determined by objective metrics, such as employment outcomes, bar passage rates, admissions selectivity, and student-faculty ratio, accounting for 75% of the ranking. The remaining 25% relied on feedback from law school administrators, faculty, lawyers, and judges.

Regent Law’s advancement in the U.S. News rankings reflects a broader revitalization within the institution, as evidenced by recent accolades:

  • Shared 1st Place Nationally for Public Policy by preLaw Magazine, 2024
  • Ranked 9th Nationally for Moot Court, 2023
  • Tied for 16th Place Nationally for First-Time Bar Passage, 2023
  • Jointly Ranked 1st Nationally for Professors: Accessibility by Princeton Review, Best Law Schools, 2023

For further details on programs and admission procedures at Regent University’s School of Law, click here.

About Regent Law

With over 3,500 alumni practicing law across 49 states and in more than 20 countries, including 38 current judges, Regent Law holds the 38th position nationally for securing judicial clerkships and shares the top spot in the nation for Public Policy. The school offers a J.D. program in both three-year and part-time formats, an online M.A. in Law, an online LL.M. in American Legal Studies, an on-campus and online LL.M. in Human Rights, an on-campus and online LL.M. in American Legal Studies, and an online B.A. in Law.

About Regent University

Established in 1977, Regent University stands as a leading Christian institution in the United States, with over 13,000 students enrolled on its 70-acre campus in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and through online platforms worldwide. Offering programs in more than 150 fields of study, including business, communication, counseling, cybersecurity, divinity, education, government, law, leadership, nursing, healthcare, and psychology, Regent University has been recognized as the #1 Best Accredited Online College in the United States (, 2020), the #1 Safest College Campus in Virginia (YourLocalSecurity, 2021), and the #1 Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia for 12 consecutive years (U.S. News & World Report, 2024).